Systems and Network Engineer
Job no: 971960
Work type: Full time
iiNet is Australia's second largest DSL Internet Service Provider and is growing fast. For more than 20 years we've outshone the rest with award winning customer service and a passion for doing things differently.
Right now we're looking for a talented individual to do one of our most important jobs – become a legendary iiNet Systems and Network Engineer, supporting high value customers nationally. As a member of our Engineering team you will assist our key customers with customised solutions. Once you're on board, this critical role will see you play an integral systems role in maintaining our 24/7 operational environment.
Here are a few bits and pieces we'd expect you to look after:
• Keeping an eye on the array of systems we have that help us provide that awesome customer experience, including, but not limited to Linux environments including Debian and Ubuntu
• Be part of a team managing our ever- growing Corporate & government contracts
• Accept escalations from our external contracts, you will become the go to geek who has all (most) of the answers
• Offer technical assistance to your team mates and our other "not so geeky" friends within the business
• Teamwork and doing your bit to provide the awesome iiNet experience – in essence getting the job done!
What you'll need:
• Strong knowledge of Linux including Debian and Centos across Installation, operation, upgrading and troubleshooting.
• Proficient in VMWare
• Knowledge of F5 LTM
• Excellent with Squid and Puppet
• Demonstrated experience with MySQL including replication and DataBase maintainence.
• Working knowledge of networking including VLAN's, subnets and routing
• Coding/scripting experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with internal staff and external suppliers
• Ability to translate a broad business requirement into an awesome technical solution
• Strong passion for delivering excellent customer service
• Excellent ability to work as a team as well as autonomously
Now that the serious stuff has been covered, it won't hurt if you have:
• CCNP qualification or equivalent Juniper qualification
• Knowledge of web hosting system administration (e.g. Apache or IIS)
• Experience with Juniper JunOS
• University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Knowledge of Gafana/Kibana graphing tools
• Systems and Network design
• A real interest and passion for all things technical
• A human streak – a real passion for service, a sense of fun and too much enthusiasm wouldn't hurt either! Being a little on the technical side goes without saying… but being a people-person, that there's the kicker.
…and here's what we bring to the table:
Once you're on board, we'll set you on a path with plenty of development opportunities along the way. You'll be part of a constantly changing environment that rewards you for good ideas. There's a bevy of superb benefits to consider, including a great salary package and subsidised internet. Best of all, you'll work with some of the industry's brightest who know that fun is more than a three letter word.
So, if this sounds like you're kind of thing, we're waiting to hear from you!
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend