Job no: 973125
Work type: Full time
iiNet is an Australian Internet Service Provider and a leading challenger in the telecommunications market. We're committed to making it simple for all Australians to get online across both our own networks and the exciting nbn™ technologies. Our vision is to lead the market with services that harness the potential of the Internet and then differentiate with award-winning customer service. We employ more than 2,500 enthusiastic staff across four countries - 80 per cent of whom are employed to directly service nearly one million customers
To make it all happen we need like-minded people to join our technical teams – people with a geek-streak and a real drive for technology. Right now, we are hunting for two highly driven and talented Associate Programmers with a genuine customer focus to join our Development team in our trendy Subiaco offices.
What you'll do:
As an Associate Programmer you will continue to grow your technical career and build on your skill set in this exciting role. Within the Development team, you will have opportunity to advance your skills by;
- Help develop the applications essential to support and strengthen our market position
- Produce high-quality code using one or more of our technology platforms: Perl, Java, .NET.
- Perform software engineering of distributed and scalable applications which span computer networks, databases, systems integration points and user interfaces.
- Deliver product features and customer service solutions in a fast-moving and agile environment
- Work closely with senior members of staff in your team – draw upon their knowledge and skills as coaches and mentors
- Apply automation, pragmatic design consideration, industry-leading methodology and expert judgement to increasing the value of our in-house software systems
What you'll need:
To join us in an Associate Programmer role you will possess a tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent and have at least some demonstrated commercial experience utilising your programming skills. Furthermore, you will bring the following abilities to the role;
- Demonstrated competence in source code control using Git
- Display strong communication skills, and a willingness to learn
- An ability to thrive in a fluid and flexible team environment
- An ability to embrace new challenges with a positive, 'can do attitude'
- High level of ownership and ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work in operational environments
- A strong team orientation and sense of fun!
It won't hurt if you have:
Ideally, you will also have experience in the IT and Telecommunications industry and exposure to Perl, Java, C#, .NET, CSS, DB2, MySQL, JIRA and Confluence will also be highly regarded. Now that the serious stuff has been covered, a sense of fun and too much enthusiasm wouldn't hurt either!
So if this sounds like your kind of thing, we're keen to hear from you!
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend